FROM FAST, ROWDY DESCENTS TO TECHNICAL TERRAIN, THIS PROGRESSIVE TRAIL BIKE GIVES YOU ACTIVE SUSPENSION, ADJUSTABLE FRAME GEOMETRY, AND EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO UP YOUR SINGLETRACK GAME.
KEY PERFORMANCE FACTORS
29er confidence and control
29-inch wheels are optimized to roll over technical terrain with balance and stability, giving you more momentum on tricky climbs and confidence to fly on fast singletrack descents. Added clearance for up to 2.5-inch tires.
Maestro rear suspension features a trunnion mount shock with a longer stroke and smoother feel. With 135mm of full rear-wheel travel (and 150mm up front), it features an Advanced Forged Composite upper rocker arm for increased stiffness and strength plus lower overall frame weight.
A flip chip lets you change the head tube and seat tube angles, along with the bottom bracket height, to fine-tune the handling. You can choose the low position for fast, open terrain, or the high position for slower, tighter singletrack.
TECHS & FEATURES:
ADVANCED COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
- Giant's High-Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory with a high stiffness-to-weight ratio. The front triangle of these framesets is assembled and molded as one continuous piece in a proprietary manufacturing process called Modified Monocoque Construction.
ADVANCED FORGED COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
- A state-of-the-art high-pressure molding process is used to produce complex-shaped carbon fiber components that are lighter, stiffer, and stronger than similar components made from aluminum. This technology is used in critical performance parts such as Maestro Suspension rocker links.
MAESTRO SUSPENSION TECHNOLOGY
- Four strategically positioned pivot points and two linkages all work together to create a single floating pivot for the most active, efficient, and independent suspension system on the trail.
- Giant's original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/4" lower and 1 1/8" upper for road, 1 1/2" lower and 1 1/8" upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
- Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
FLIP CHIP - MAESTRO
- The flip chip allows riders to quickly adjust the geometry of their Maestro-equipped mountain bike to better suit how and where they ride. It lets riders change the headtube/seat tube angles and bottom bracket height via eccentric (offset, two-position) hardware located on the upper rocker arm.
|LOW | HIGH||LOW | HIGH||LOW | HIGH||LOW | HIGH|
|A||SEAT TUBE LENGTH (mm)||430||430||465||496|
|B||SEAT TUBE ANGLE||77.2° | 77.9°||77.2° | 77.9°||77.2° | 77.9°||77.2° | 77.9°|
|C||TOP TUBE LENGTH (mm)||566 | 564||597 | 595||629 | 627||656 | 654|
|D||HEAD TUBE LENGTH (mm)||95||100||110||120|
|E||HEAD TUBE ANGLE||65.5° | 66.2°||65.5° | 66.2°||65.5° | 66.2°||65.5° | 66.2°|
|F||FORK RAKE (mm)||44||44||44||44|
|G||TRAIL (mm)||125.1 | 119.5||125.1 | 119.5||125.1 | 119.7||125.1 | 119.5|
|H||WHEELBASE (mm)||1173 | 1172||1205 | 1204||1239 | 1238||1268 | 1266|
|I||CHAIN STAY LENGTH (mm)||438 | 435||438 | 435||438 | 435||438 | 435|
|J||BOTTOM BRACKET DROP (mm)||40 | 30||40 | 30||40 | 30||40 | 30|
|K||STACK (mm)||617 | 611||621 | 615||631 | 624||640 | 634|
|L||REACH (mm)||426 | 434||456 | 464||486 | 494||511 | 519|
|M||STAND OVER HEIGHT (mm)||735 | 743||729 | 738||754 | 763||777 | 786|
|N||HANDLEBAR WIDTH (mm)||780||780||780||780|
|O||STEM LENGTH (mm)||40||40||50||50|
|P||CRANK LENGTH (mm)||165||170||170||170|
|Small||5'4" - 5'8"|
|Medium||5'7" - 5’11"|
|Large||5'10" - 6'2"|
|X-Large||6'2" - 6'5"|
|Frame||Advanced-Grade Composite front and rear triangles, 135mm Maestro suspension, flip chip - Maestro, 12x148mm thru-axle|
|Fork||Fox 36 Factory Live Valve, FIT4 damper, 44mm offset, 150mm, 15x110 Kabolt X, custom tuned for Giant|
|Rear Shock||Fox Factory Live, 185/55, custom tuned for Giant|
|Rims||Giant TRX 2 29 Carbon WheelSystem, 30mm inner width|
|Hubs||[F] Giant MTB alloy, 6-bolt, [R] Giant MTB alloy, 3-pawl driver, 6-bolt|
|Tires||[F] Maxxis Minion DHF 29x2.5 WT, 3C MaxxTerra, EXO, TR [R] Maxxis Dissector 29x2.4, EXO, TR, tubeless|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, press fit|
|Crankset||SRAM GX, 30t, 55mm chainline S:165mm, M:170mm, L:170mm, XL:170mm|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle, 1x12|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Cassette/Freewheel||SRAM GX-1275, 10x52|
|Chain||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Brakes||SRAM G2 RSC, hydraulic, SRAM CenterLine rotors [F]200mm, [R]180mm|
|Brake Levers||SRAM G2 RSC|
|Handlebars||Giant Contact SLR TR35, composite, 780x35mm, 20mm rise|
|Tape/Grips||Giant Tactal Pro Single S:120mm, M:120mm, L:130mm, XL:130mm|
|Stem||Giant Contact SL 35 S:40mm, M:40mm, L:50mm, XL:50mm|
|Seatpost||TranzX travel-adjustable dropper, remote S: 120-150mm travel / 30.9 x 459mm M: 140-170mm travel / 30.9 x 499mm|
|Saddle||Giant Romero SL|
|Accessories & Extras||tubeless prepared, 2.5" max tire size, 34t max chainring size, 3M tailgate protector|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Messier / Medium||04712878819689||2301053105|